On this page:
Mayor and Councillor expenses
Councillors are provided with support to serve, engage with and represent the Merri-bek community.
The support expenses that are paid by Council that are related to Councillors undertaking their duties are outlined in the Councillor Support, Expenses and Resources Policy (DOC 119KB)
Councillor expense reports:
- Councillor expenses July to September 2022 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses April to June 2022 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses January to March 2022 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses October to December 2021 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses July to September 2021 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses January to June 2021 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses 17 November to 31 December 2020 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2020 to 24 October 2020 (PDF)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2019 to 29 June 2020 (PDF 830KB)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2018 to 29 June 2019 (PDF 506KB)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2017 to 29 June 2018 (PDF 814KB)
- Councillor expenses November 2016 to 29 June 2017 (PDF 289KB)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2016 to November 2016 (PDF 544KB)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2015 to 29 June 2016 (PDF 768KB)
Councillor Code of Conduct
The 'Local Government Act 2020' requires all councils to review and adopt a Councillor code of conduct within 4 months of an election.
A code of conduct sets the standards of conduct expected and to be committed to by Councillors and empowers Councillors to work together constructively. It also provides fair and respectful processes to respond to disputes and conflicts between Councillors should they arise.
The Councillor Code of Conduct was last reviewed in 2019. This review resulted in the inclusion of:
- a Child Safe Commitment statement
- a clause addressing compliance with Council Policies and
- provision for no reprisals following an allegation of a breach.
Council adopted the Councillor Code of Conduct at its Special Meeting on Tuesday 23 February 2021.
You can see the Councillor code of conduct in the documents below:
Councillor attendance at meetings
Councillors, as elected representatives, contribute their vote to Council decisions at Council meetings and Planning and Related Matters meetings.
You can find out about these meetings on:
In line with good governance practice and our Public Transparency Policy, Councillor attendance at these meetings is recorded.
Councillor attendance at meetings - Council Term 2020-2024
Year 3 of Council term - November 2022 to November 2023 (PDF)
Year 2 of Council term - November 2021 to November 2022 (PDF)
Year 1 of Council term - November 2020 to November 2021 (PDF)
Councillor attendance at meetings - Council Term 2016-2020
Year 4 of Council term - November 2019 to October 2020 (PDF)
Year 3 of Council term - November 2018 to October 2019 (PDF 102KB)
Year 2 of Council term - November 2017 to October 2018 (PDF 109KB)
Year 1 of Council term - November 2016 to October 2017 (PDF 189KB)