LGBTIQA+ Reference Group
On this page:
The role of the LGBTIQA+ Reference Group is to collaboratively advise council of current and emerging needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and gender diverse, Intersex, Queer and Asexual and Aromantic communities.
The LGBTIQA+ Reference Group is also responsible for:
- Contributing to development, and implementation of relevant Council policies, strategies, and plans. For example, the LGBTIQA+ Action Plan.
- Assisting council to ensure the perspectives and lived experiences of LGBTIQA+ community members are considered in Council services, programs and projects.
- Promoting knowledge, visibility, equality and inclusion of LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Assisting to identify opportunities for advocacy, projects and partnerships that reflect the needs of LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Informing, consulting and collaborating with relevant Advisory Committees on issues relating to LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Participating in event planning, consultation processes, and other forms of engagement relating to relevant issues.
The group meet 4 to 5 times a year or on special occasions to discuss specific matters.
For information about the LGBTIQA+ reference group please contact the social policy officer or call 9240 1111.