In June this year we adopted our 4 Year Council Budget 2023-27, which includes $123.2 million on brand new community facilities, upgrade works, and improvements right across Merri-bek.
This is our largest investment in capital works ever. Our goal is to ensure that whatever stage in life you’re at, that we are investing in infrastructure and assets that will make your life in Merri-bek safe, healthy and happy.
Learn more about some of the exciting things we have planned over the next few years as part of our Capital Works Program.
- Upgrades to sport pavilions and clubs: we are going to be building a new pump track at Brunswick Velodrome, building new gender inclusive facilities at Moomba Park in Fawkner and accessible tennis facilities across Merri-bek.
- More public toilets: at Bonwick Street in Fawkner, Parker Reserve in Coburg, Snell Grove in Oak Park.
- $2 million towards upgrading footpaths and bike paths
- $14 million for road resurfacing and reconstruction: including Beccles Street Fawkner, Carlisle Street in Coburg, Daley Street in Glenroy, Lorne Street in Fawkner and many more.
- Building brand new and upgrading parks in Merri-bek: including at 260 Sydney Road in Brunswick, and a brand new park on the corner of Bell Street and Westgate Street in Pascoe Vale.
- Major construction projects: including the $29 million Saxon Street Community and Arts Hub in Brunswick and the $36.9 million redevelopment of Fawkner Leisure Centre.