Skip to content

Pensioner rebates

You may be eligible to receive a rebate on your rates for your principal place of residence if you hold a current:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card - marked Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI), or
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card - marked War Widow (WAR WID).

If you have previously applied for the rebate, the amount will be automatically deducted from your rates notice. There is no need to reapply if your circumstances have not changed.

For the 2023-24 financial year, the maximum rebate amount is $253.20. Eligible pensioners will also receive a $50 rebate on their Fire Services Levy.

Apply for a pensioner rebate

Complete a Municipal Rates and Charges Concession application form available from the Department of Human Services.

Submit the form:

  • Email rates the application form with a scanned attachment of your concession card
  • Mail the form and a copy of your concession card to Merri-bek City Council, Locked Bag 10, Brunswick VIC 3056
  • Bring your concession card and form to a Customer Service Centre

We will conduct an online verification with Centrelink to confirm your eligibility. The name on your pensioner concession card must match our system exactly.

Contact the Centrelink Concessions Information Line on 132 300 for more information on concessions.