Council undertakes research about housing and employment demand and supply. This evidence is used to inform Council's Strategic Planning and other actions.
A Home in Moreland: The housing we need now and in the future
A Home in Moreland provides research about housing demand in Merri-bek.
- A Home in Moreland on-a-page (PDF 4Mb)
- A Home in Moreland eBook (PDF 24Mb)
- A Home in Moreland full report (PDF 3Mb)
Supplying Homes in Moreland
Supplying Homes in Moreland provides research about housing supply in Merri-bek.
- Supplying Homes in Moreland on-a-page (PDF 696Kb)
- A Home in Merri-bek + Supplying Homes in Moreland on-a-page (PDF 1Mb)
- Supplying Homes in Moreland full report (PDF 3Mb)
The objective of the Housing Capacity Study is
to understand how many additional dwellings can be
built in Merri-Bek.
A Job in Moreland provides research about employment demand and supply in Merri-bek.
- A Job in Moreland on-a-page
- Invest in Moreland eBook
- Manufacturing sector profile
- Creative and cultural sector profile
- Professional, scientific and technical profile
- Education and training profile
- Health care and social assistance sector profile
- Retail and food sector profile
- A Job in Moreland full report
- Economic Health Check February 2022
The state government Melbourne Industrial and Commercial Land Use Plan (MICLUP) also provides research about current and future needs for industrial and commercial land.
Merri-bek Community Profile
The Merri-bek Community Profile contains further demographic, housing and economic information about Merri-bek and its suburbs from the Censuses of Population and Housing.