Skip to content

Expanding or relocating a business

The following information may be useful if you are thinking of upgrading your current business premises or moving your business within, or to Merri-bek.

Upgrading your current business premises

You may need one or more of the following:

  • Planning Permit
  • Building Permit
  • Food Act Registration
  • Health Related Business Registration

If don't know which permit or registration you need then you can seek advice through Council's Business Approvals Merri-bek.

Finding a new location for your business in Merri-bek

The following resources may assist with your commercial property search:

It's a great idea to connect with our Economic Development Team (Business Merri-bek) before you sign a lease or purchase a new site.

We can share useful local contacts and details about the community. We can also explain council processes and any information you will need to provide, when you finally choose your site.

When you have a specific site in mind, we encourage you to discuss your proposal with Business Approvals Merri-bek (BAM) to ensure that you identify all the permits and approvals required. Further information about BAM is available here.

Contact our Economic Development team

Business Merri-bek: