Storytime is a fun, interactive event for children aged 3 to 5 years. These sessions include songs, rhymes and stories.
Storytime session times
Storytime sessions are held during school terms on:
- Mondays, 10.30am at Glenroy Library
- Wednesdays, 10:30am at Campbell Turnbull Library
- Thursdays, 11.O0am at Brunswick Library
- Fridays, 10.30am at Coburg and Fawkner Library
Community language storytimes
Community language storytimes are suitable for preschool children and their families. Enjoy songs, stories and craft activities with your child as they develop their language skills and love of reading.
Toddlertime sessions are held during school terms on:
- Mondays, 10.30am at Coburg Library
- Tuesdays, 10.30am at Glenroy Library
- Wednesdays, 10.00am at Brunswick Library
- Thursdays, 10.00 am at Brunswick Library and 10.30am at Campbell Turnbull Library
The Toddlertime wordsheet (PDF 488Kb) can be printed and used at home.
Enjoy a fun-filled session based on music and movement as you and your baby share rhymes and action songs. Rhymetime introduces carers to fun ways to support baby’s physical development and literacy. Rhymetime is for pre-walking (0-18 months) babies and their carers.
Rhymetime session times
Rhymetime sessions are held during school terms on:
- Tuesdays, 10.30am at Fawkner Library
- Wednesdays, 10.30am at Glenroy Library
- Thursdays, 10.30am and 11.30am at Coburg Library
- Fridays, 10.00am and 11.00am at Brunswick Library
Let's use our words to play! Word Play is a free literacy program for families to learn English together and make the most of pre-school play. Learning through play is an important part of pre-school learning and in these relaxed sessions we use books, puppets, puzzles and blocks to learn together. Word Play is aimed at pre-school children aged 3-5 years.
Word Play session times
Word play sessions are held during school terms on:
- Mondays, 1.30pm at Glenroy Library
- Wednesdays, 10.30am at Fawkner Library
For the latest updates on all our preschool sessions and activities you can:
- subscribe for the latest updates by filling in our online Merri-bek Libraries e-news subscription form
- follow our Merri-bek Libraries Instagram or Facebook page.
School Term dates for 2023
Term 1. Monday 30 January – Thursday 06 April
Term 2. Monday 24 April – Friday 23 June
Term 3. Monday 07 July – Friday 15 September
Term 4. Monday 02 October – Friday 15 December