The Sydney Road Street Party is back!
Live music, food, family-friendly activities and stalls are coming to Sydney Road Brunswick on Sunday 5 March - marking the start of the 2023 Brunswick Music Festival.
The festivities will come alive on Sydney Road between Brunswick Road and Victoria Street, from 12pm to 6pm.
You can see the full line up of performances and activities on the Brunswick Music Festival website.
Upfield train line disruptions
Due to works being completed by Public Transport Victoria (PTV) buses will be replacing trains on the Upfield Line between North Melbourne and Upfield this weekend.
This means that no train services will be available at Brunswick or Jewell Stations during the Sydney Road Street Party.
- The Brunswick Station replacement bus stops will be relocated to the PTV bus route 508 stops (Victoria St/ Sydney Road Stop - north and South sides). The temporary stops are approximately a 50 metre walk from Brunswick Station.
- The Jewell Station replacement bus stops will be relocated to PTV bus route 504 stops (McKay Street/Brunswick Road, north and south sides). The temporary stops are approximately a 280 metre walk from Jewell Station.
Travelling by Tram
- Trams on Route 19 will be operating every 8 minutes on either side of the road closure throughout the day.
- From 12.01am to 11.59pm, buses replace Route 19 trams between Stop 19 Brunswick Road and a temporary stop in Peveril Street at the Brunswick Tram Depot.
Public transport is still a great way to travel to the street party! Plan your journey ahead of time using the PTV app or visit the PTV website.
Disability access and assistance for those with mobility issues:
- If you need mobility or accessibility help during your travels, a PTV Passenger Service Team Member will be located at nearby train replacement bus stops to help guide you to alternative transport arrangements. Accessible taxi services can be arranged to transport you between train stations.
- Standby accessible taxis will also be available at the following stations on the line during the following times:
- North Melbourne - 7am to 9pm
- Coburg - 7am to 9pm
- Additional accessible parking is available at the car park located on the corner Barkly and Black St Carpark accessed via Brunswick Rd.
For more information about public transport to the event visit the Public Transport Victoria (PTV) website.