What is a COVIDSafe plan?
A COVIDSafe plan supports a business to protect its staff, customers, visitors and the community. You can find out more about COVIDSafe plans on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. These plans prepare a business for a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the workplace. You can find out more about confirmed COVID-19 workplace cases on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Every workplace is required to have a COVIDSafe plan that is regularly updated. Random spot checks are taking place across the state to ensure compliance. Failure to comply can result in an on-the-spot fine of up to $10,904 or up to $21,809 for serious offences.
You can use the COVIDSafe plan template(PDF 110Kb) to create a COVIDSafe plan for your workplace however you do not have to use this specific template.
COVIDSafe plans in languages other than English
If you need to create a COVIDSafe plan in a language other than English, you can download a COVIDSafe plan in over 17 different languages on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
If you need an interpreter, you can call the COVID-19 hotline 1800 675 398 and press 0.
Masks reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. For more information on masks visit the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website
Free business resources
A full collection of signage, posters and questionnaires are available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. These will assist in communicating key messages to your staff and customers. These are also available in multiple languages.
We encourage you to download and print these signs and posters to put up around your workplace.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further assistance or support from Merri-bek City Council with COVID-19 resources and creating a COVIDSafe plan.
COVID-19 information for multicultural businesses
There are resources, fact sheets, and support to access government information in your own language available. These include:
- COVID-19 in-language advice and information on the Victorian Multicultural Commission website
- Business information in-language on the Business Victoria website
- COVID-19 information and news in 63 languages on the SBS website
There is also a full collection of multilingual business signage, posters and questionnaires available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Sign up to stay informed of all the latest updates
Financial support for businesses impacted by COVID-19
If you require financial support as a business that has been impacted by COVID-19, you can find out about the support available on the websites below:
- Grants and programs on the Business Victoria website
- Support for businesses and employers on the Australian Taxation Office website
- Coronavirus payroll tax relief on the State Revenue Office website
- Government grants and payments during COVID-19 on the Australian Taxation Office website
- SME Recovery Loan Scheme on the Australian Government's Treasury website
Wellbeing and mental health support for business
If you require wellbeing or mental health support as a business owner, you can find out about the support available on the websites below:
- Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses on the Business Victoria website
- Confidential, one-on-one service providing support for small business owners and employees through trained wellbeing coaches, financial counselors, and business advisers. This is available on the Partners in Wellbeing website.
Workshops and mentoring for business
Information about workshops and mentoring programs for businesses is available on the Business Victoria website.
Quick contacts for support
Below are some quick contacts for COVID-19 or general support for businesses or individuals:
- Business Merri-bek hotline – 8311 4131
- Business Victoria hotline – 13 22 15
- Coronavirus hotline – 1800 675 398
- Partners in Wellbeing helpline – 1300 375 330
- Victorian Small Business Commissioner – 13 87 22
- Business Debt helpline - 1800 413 828
- Beyond Blue – 1800 512 348
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
If you require any further assistance or support from Merri-bek City Council relating to COVIDSafe requirements you can email email@example.com