This committee develops, promotes and assists Council to achieve its sustainable transport aims as expressed in the Community Vision, Council Plan 2021 to 2025 and related strategies and plans.
- advises Council on priorities, processes and programs
- facilitates partnerships and developing opportunities among Council, the community and transport agencies, providers and operators
- identifies key strategic transport and land use opportunities
- provides a consultative forum and link to a wider network of community transport organisations
- promotes community support for the implementation of projects and programs, and
- generates discussion on and evaluates transport policies and initiatives.
The Sustainable Transport Advisory Committee covers infrastructure, behavioural, and advocacy programs relating to walking, bike riding, scooting and access to public transport.
- Cr Pulford (chairperson)
- Allison McIntyre
- Andrea Bunting
- Carlo Carli
- Catherine Hall
- Faith Hunter
- Helen Kratzmann
- Liz Irvin
- Mark Christopher Burton
- Nicholas James (Nic) Maclellan
- Pauline Galvin
- Sarah Nesbitt
- Yoong Wai Chong
This committee meets every second month at the Council Chamber, Merri-bek Civic Centre.