The Human Rights and Inclusion Advisory Committee provides advice to Council to guide the implementation and monitoring of the Merri-bek Human Rights Policy 2016-26.
Purpose and scope
The Committee will focus primarily on the three goals of the policy which are to:
- Be an inclusive organisation
- Deliver inclusive and accessible services
- Promote inclusion and social cohesion in the community.
- Anna Kingston
- Cyryla Sujka
- Greg Rafferty
- Ingrid Giles
- Katie O'Bryan
- Kristina Rae Larson
- Lauren Henley
- Linda Kader
- Maeve McLennan
- Mellem Rose
- Sarah Hussein
- Tamanah Rahim
- Whitney Etheve
Selected representatives from up to 5 key organisations will be invited to join the committee.
Citizen membership of the committee will include up to 10 community members who live, work or study in Merri-bek, who have an interest in Human Rights and Inclusion. Preference will be given to those who identify with one of more identified priority groups:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- People from multicultural communities, migrants, humanitarian entrants, people who are seeking asylum and those of diverse faiths
- People living with a disability, family members or carers
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Gender Diverse, Intersex, Queer and Asexual
Meetings will be held quarterly at a time agreed by the majority of members. Meetings will be scheduled in advance and agendas circulated at least one week prior to the meeting.